Start Submission Become a Reviewer

Reading: Awareness due to vaporizer malfunction

Download

A- A+
dyslexia friendly

Case Reports

Awareness due to vaporizer malfunction

Authors:

R. Kulasiri,

National Hospital of Sri Lanka, Colombo, LK
About R.
Consultant Anaesthetist
X close

H. K. B. Wilgamuwa

National Hospital of Sri Lanka, Colombo, LK
About H. K. B.
Registrar in Anaesthesiology
X close

Abstract

Accidental awareness during anaesthesia is multifactorial. Despite the cause it is harmful to both the patient and the anaesthetist. This case report is of a 68-year-old ASA 1 lady coming for a routine plastic surgery who had experienced accidental awareness under anaestheisa due to a faulty vaporizer. Timely detection and intervention may have prevented the long-term harmful sequalae of accidental awareness to the patient.

How to Cite: Kulasiri, R. & Wilgamuwa, H.K.B., (2017). Awareness due to vaporizer malfunction. Sri Lankan Journal of Anaesthesiology. 26(1), pp.61–63. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4038/slja.v26i1.8275
Published on 23 Dec 2017.
Peer Reviewed

Downloads

  • PDF (EN)

    comments powered by Disqus