We report an interesting case, where improper fixation of the endotracheal tube resulted in the malfunctioning of the endotracheal tube thereby causing extubation of the trachea with an inflated cuff. A slight carelessness on the part of anaesthesia residents can result in life threatening complications for the patient.
How to Cite:
Jain, D. & Bala, I., (2013). Failure to deflate endotracheal tube cuff due to improper fixation. Sri Lankan Journal of Anaesthesiology. 21(2), p.90. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4038/slja.v21i2.5266